Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Memorial Day Weekend Races



A weekend of training races for me, really fast training races. One thing about racing underpowered, it forces you to ride smart or get dropped. Good time to practice pack skills. Had a few epiphanies regarding my training, and the solutions promptly presented themselves. I've got a pretty good idea how I'm going to get where I want to go now.

Other than that, I had loads of fun hanging out with friends, hardly drove my car all weekend, and kept all my skin where it started. Special thanks to Tracy Thompson for housing and transportation between races, and Sydney Brown for all the good cooking. Not too often we get a catered breakfast in this group, sweet.

Slide show. Lots of pics of races I wasn't in, but friends were. Had a little fun with the continuous shot mode, speed up the slide show and watch 'em go.

For more hilarity you should check out the local videos on the sidebar here and check out the audio clip here.

Good job to all those who raced, and I hope for a speedy recovery to all those who found the pave.

DG

3 comments:

mtb05girl said...

Might do NATO tomorrow. I don't know if I want to drive all the way up there and pay $15 to race for nothing though. I love the racing don't get me wrong. I'd go in a heart beat. But the thing stopping me is the fact that I would only be going up there for that. I like to be able to go to Sugar Bottom before the races, and well I'm pretty sure it's closed. Plus I won't have time to ride the trails tomorrow anyway because I work until 1:00. Who knows though, I might change my mind. This weekend, I'm either headed to Missouri or Illinois. Don't know yet. Might stick around and do the Sunday leg of TOMRV. We will see. This month I'm flying by the seat of my pants. Wow that was a long comment...

Neve_r_est said...

Flying by the seat of your pants? Welcome to my.... season, uh....life, really...

I've gotta start making the NATO series regularly, I need the intensity to break my cardio funk. And obviously I need the hill training and a break, so TOMRV fits that bill perfectly.

Hope to run into you sometime. Maybe it won't be raining. Right.

Damn cattle. Stupid fences.

DG

Cornbread said...

Looks like a fun weekend of racing. Nice pics.

Love the cobbles.